Intern - Marketing & Social Media
If you have a passion for digital marketing, entertainment, dance, music, pop-culture and female empowerment - this is definitely the internship for you!
As ‘Intern - Marketing & Social Media’, you will be placed in the exciting role of leading digital marketing initiatives for a multimedia entertainment network rooted in female empowerment, pop-culture, fitness, lifestyle, beauty, dance, music, and entertainment. You will be given projects to gain, exercise and retain skills in content production, social media marketing, business development, community leadership and growth within the entertainment industry. This is an opportunity-rich internship with countless areas for professional development. This is an incredible opportunity for those seeking a career in Entertainment, Artist Management, Creative Direction, Professional Dance & Choreography, Digital Marketing, Social Media & Influencer Relations, Business Development and Brand Partnerships.
Throughout the program you will:
- Assist on-set in content productions with exciting creators, musicians, brand partners and more. Duties will include photography, videography, location scouting, shoot coordination and creative direction.
- Manage multiple social media accounts across platforms hand-in-hand with CEO Samantha Long and her management; curating content, scheduling posts, reporting on analytics, drafting copy, enticing community engagement, and proposing new approaches for growth in line with current trends.
- Lead in the development of original new media and content for A THREAT and Samantha Long from ideation to execution; coordinating projects with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Be in charge of creating an online community of conversation for female empowerment and pop culture - initiating viral conversations around fashion, music, beauty, fitness, dance, lifestyle, entertainment, motivation, mental health and powerful women on A THREAT social media accounts.
- Learn the ins and the outs of the entertainment business; from coordinating brand partnerships to communicating with industry executives, you will develop a solid network and reputation with external contacts throughout this program.
Throughout the program you will have accomplished:
- Managing social media accounts with an accumulation of over 1,000,000+ followers.
Pitching and leading in your own digital marketing campaigns.
- Creating and coordinating own internship project, within any category, for the progression of A THREAT's mission with direct mentorship from Samantha Long.
Producing multiple content series with well-known creators.
- Growing an inspiring and trendsetting community for female empowerment with an emphasis in pop culture, fashion, music, entertainment and fitness.
Success in this role will be measured by:
- Account engagement & growth
- Merchandise sales
- New collaborations
- Developed efficiencies
- Brand awareness
- Most important: your own happiness & professional development
Desired Skills & Experience (We prefer to hire for attitude, and train for skill!):
- Proactive and always identifying additional responsibilities
- Positive attitude, eager to complete all tasks, a team player
- Worked in the creator economy and / or experience with digital creators
- Integrity and empathy minded
- Proficient in Google tools including GMail and Google services (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Understanding of functions, uses and trends of social media platforms: YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Snapchat, TikTok (and others)
- Passion for core A THREAT pillars such as female empowerment, entrepreneurialism and entertainment.
- Production experience
- Shopify / web development
- Photography & Videography
- Graphic Design
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Please e-mail your resume, social profile links, and a 2 minute video demonstrating what makes you the best fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date and Terms
This is a remote-optional, unpaid position for 10 hours per week from May to September. If you are Los Angeles based, you will have the option of working with Samantha at a shared workspace.
You will receive the option of attendance in paid weekly lunch meetings, optional free fitness and dance classes by Samantha, a welcome package with A THREAT merchandise, professional development opportunities, and an incredible set of fun perks and VIP accesses as we build a media empire together!
Potential Growth Opportunities Soon Available Within A THREAT
- Creative Director
- Marketing Coordinator
- Personal Assistant: Samantha Long
- Executive Assistant: Samantha Long's Management
Our Core Values